Morse Ceili C/G Anglo for sale- 2nd Price Drop

Bill N

Black Satin Finish, Upgraded Tipo a Mano reeds

Modified Jeffries (Kensington) layout

I bought this new in October, 2017 to play while recovering from an elbow injury because of its very light weight and easy action.  I’m back to playing my traditionally reeded instrument and can’t afford to keep two C/Gs.

It’s essentially like new, except that the bellows are nicely played in, and there is a bit of patina on the fretwork around the most commonly played buttons. Also, there are a pair of slight “dimples” on the fretwork where microphones were attached (see photo-just right of label). It comes with the Button Box hard case.

This is a fast, responsive box, and the upgraded reeds are very “concertina-like” in tone.  The Kensington layout 

http://www.kensingtonconcertinas.com/standard-layout/

is particularly well suited for ITM style playing, but I used it as an all rounder, playing English and Contra repertoire as well.  For more info, including videos, visit the Button Box website.  Note that the video is of the standard reed model, not the TAM reeds offered here.

This was US $2745 (Can $3560) new, plus shipping and tax.  I’m now asking US $2100 plus shipping.  New price is US $1950 plus shipping. This would be a particularly good deal for a fellow Canadian because there would be no HST.  I am in the Hamilton/Toronto area and could meet up locally for try-outs.

Photo on 2018-06-02 at 1.14 PM.jpg

Photo on 2018-06-02 at 1.09 PM #2.jpg

Edited by Bill N
Clarification, price reduction

• 2 weeks later...