Sign in to follow this  
JimR

Concertina Spotting: Bonanza

Roy Rogers 'Trail of Robin Hood' looks like a Lachenal English though it is not clear if thats whats being played in the song. It is clearly used as a prop in the scene. 

Google "Nightmare Before Christmas Street band" for some great shots with innovative support straps!   

This morning I was watching Rawhide, Season 5 Episode 12 - "Incident at Quivira". Royal Dano walks into camp 'playing' an Anglo. Can't find a clip.

I think I posted this in another thread, but in the film “North to Alaska” (John Wayne, Stewart Granger, Capucine, Fabian),  Fabian ( yes, the 50’s heart throb) plays what appears to be a 20 button Anglo in a few scenes.  Not sure if he was actually the “player”, but.........

While binge watching AMC’s Hell On Wheels during this stay at home deal, I noted the alcoholic reverend playing a 20 button (Scholer?) while hanging out with the Swede in season two.  Chord playing only.....

Today, watching Wagon Train, "The Abel Weatherly story", an actor "plays" an Anglo on ship. Grainy screenshot below.

WagonTrainConcertina.png