Sign in to follow this  
ben

Wheatstone Maccaan Duets For Sale

I have been asked by a friend in South Africa to place an ad for anyone interested in buying Wheatstone Maccaan Duet concertinas. These concertinas are in mint condition and were left as part of an inheritance by the seller's father. I believe that these concertinas were made in the early 1950's. I am not a Duet player but I think that the concertina set includes a 80 keys/button duet (serial number 36349), a 68 key/button duet concertina (36396) and one that has 57 keys /buttons (36372).

If anyone is interested please call Rose Palmer + 27 65 199 8698 (South Africa).

(PS I am not getting any commission but trying to help out a lady who is getting ready for retirement and who has no access to a computer),

post-2560-0-82367900-1522670009_thumb.jpg

Edited by ben

I have updated the ad with the serial numbers which the seller has just sent to me via Whats App. Thanks

Sadly, Rose only has the 56 key Maccann left or sale. I'm buying other two! :)

Ben, thanks for the info, I can't wait to get them. PM on its way.

Mike

Hello Mike,

I am glad to help out. It is better for these concertinas to be played than to sit on a mantle piece or a museum for display only.

Cheers,

Ben