Wooden Ended Tenor Treble Wtb

scoopet

I'd like to buy a tenor treble or a baritone treble.

Condition not important but must have potential!!

Preferably in the UK.

Thanks simon

P.s sorry about the 2 posts...I only want 1 instrument!

Edited by scoopet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks nic......I really want a wooden ended one.the world's oldest edeophone looks a bit delicate and the baritone treble has new ends.the metal ones look great but I doubt the family would agree!

If I had a choice!!! I would like original wooden ends, original bellows........not bothered whether an aeola, edeophone or raised or flat 6 sided thingy......a good bit of fingernail wear and general patina would be appreciated!

Edited by scoopet

I'll hopefully get an EE double-action C-bass Aeola back from restoration soon. So one other box has to go:

I have a 64 key EE TT Aeola with a bit of a story: a few years ago I bought an amazing Amboyna-ended 64-key TT Aeola with original gold-tooled bellows of ebay ( it come from Brazil via Portogal ). The ends were rough and some reeds rusty. At the time I had another EE TT Aeola ( it came from a Belgian clown ), which needed work, but had good reeds. So we swapped the whole reedpans between the instruments. David Robertson did a great job on the ends - now the Amboyna TT looks and plays as good as new. Some time later David did up the EE TT Aeola as well. It was a lot of work and he had to replace a couple of reeds out of my spare-reeds-box ( probably not Aeola!? ). Again the instrument now looks as good as new, the bellows are amazing. But by now ( I haven't played her at all ) some of the ultra high reeds stopped sounding... I hate to tackle those high reeds - and David is busy for months... So I would let her go for 3.000 Pound as is:

A perfectly restored 64-key ebony-ended Tenor-treble Aeola with some replacement-reeds and a couple of ultra-high reeds not working - in original box.

Please contact me for more information, if interested...

Edited by conzertino

• 1 month later...

I offered Wolf to choose one out of two - I'm keeping the other one!

About the 64-key EE TT: It took me 10 minutes today to get the stuck reeds going. I played her for a wile to find that she is quite a nice box!

You won't find another EE TT that has been restored for 1000 Pound ( receipt included ) for 2750 Pound ( or 3.100€ )!!

TT1.thumb.jpg.1918eed6a4cc93e1734dacd12578fe5f.jpg 

9 hours ago, conzertino said:

I offered Wolf to choose one out of two - I'm keeping the other one!

Very good - sorry that I apparently got this wrong.

However, this WE seems to meet the requirements better anyway...

Looking forward to seeing you in the month of May - ?