Mill Fest This Weekend, With Jody

For folks in the greater Tex/La/Ark region, Mill Fest is on this weekend in the east Texas town (hamlet, really) of Kennard, deep in the Piney Woods. Jody Kruskal is giving workshops on Friday and Saturday, and appearing in concert Saturday afternoon. Here is the website: http://www.oldmillmusicfestival.com/

Lots of good old timey music there, too.

For anyone in NSW, there is a concertina convergence being held at Binalong, near Yass on 17 - 19th November, 2017. It is part of a get together organised by the Bush Music Club. Camping available at the local showground.

So sorry, I'll not be in NSW this November but rather in England on tour. Have a great event though. Perhaps another time?

But before that, I'll be in Kennard TX at the Old Mill Festival and the question is... what are these concertina workshops going to be? Well... that all depends on who shows up. If only you show up with your box, then you will get a private lesson if you want. If it's just you and Dan W. then we might teach you some morris tunes. If we get a few concertina players then I might try to teach about those thirds, sixths, octaves and tenths we have been talking about on another thread here... Or perhaps I'll just sing some songs and take questions and requests about old time music on the Anglo. Really, I have nothing planned, but... if you want some focused instruction with materials to download, then come to England for my Lewes workshop at the Elephant and Castle on Saturday November 18 for intense concertina instruction, band practice including all instruments and a concert.

Hoping to see you along the way.

Jody

Edited by Jody Kruskal

For anyone in NSW, there is a concertina convergence being held at Binalong, near Yass

That is a Long Way From Texas.

Yeah, Binalong is a long way from Texas but perhaps we have to forgive Gbol.. since it's his first post and perhaps he should have created a new thread. At least all you Mill Fest folk now know about Binalong Concertina Convergence and can file it away for future reference. It's less than 24hrs from anywhere by aeroplane. I'm going.

You all have a great time at Mill Fest.

PS. Don, enjoyed Mr Hopkins song but couldn't hear the concertina bit. :wacko:

Cheers.