John Connor Crane/triumph Duet

TJPearson

Trying to sell this instrument, yet again!

Seems like an annual event, but there must be someone out there who would like it.

​I have reduced the price, but this is the lowest I can go.

Here is as much as I know of the Concertina's history.

I purchased the instrument in 1993 from a gentleman in Reading.

It was then sent back to John Connor for a full check and touch tune.

Sadly, since then it has only had about 25hrs of playing time whilst in my possession. I cannot justify holding onto such a good instrument, it needs to go to someone who will play and enjoy it.

Having read some recent posts, I believe that John is no longer making Concertinas. So here is an opportunity for someone looking for a nearly new instrument. Yes, it is 30yrs old, but it has had very little use and may be as close as you can get to a new one.

Prospective buyers are welcome to come and see and try the instrument for themselves.

Concertina Details:-

John Connor 55 Key Crane System Duet.

Serial Number 53, made in 1987.

Octagonal Shape 73/4" (203mm) Across Flats.

Raised Stainless Steel Ends.

Stainless Steel Keys.

8 Fold Black, grained leather finish, Bellows

Riveted action.

Steel Reeds in Brass Frames.

Weight of Concertina 5lb (2.4Kg).

Weight of Concertina with case 8.5lb (3.8Kg).

The only fault I can see, is a small dent in the outside of the case.

Price £2,000 GBP (Not negotiable).

I have tried to be as open and honest as possible in my description.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-11637-0-88770500-1477988979_thumb.j
  • post-11637-0-25948600-1477989028_thumb.j
  • post-11637-0-67791900-1477989017_thumb.j
  • post-11637-0-79134900-1477989009_thumb.j
  • post-11637-0-41829600-1477988993_thumb.j
  • post-11637-0-63831700-1477988986_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel that, as the owner of a Connor (anglo), I should chime in. John Connor worked for the Crabb's in the 60-70's, and as such his concertina's reflect a direct link to earlier generations of top quality English instruments. As far as the instrument for sale, a similar Crabb model crane (1924) may give us the best idea of how fantastically these instruments play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmRrIaWN-rE

• 3 weeks later...

I have been involved with concertinas for more years than I care to admit to and had many instruments through my hands, so I must admit to being a little puzzled as to the minimal reaction to my attempts to sell this instrument. I have been out of mainstream concertina playing for quite a few years and so lost touch with values and market forces. I did recently chat with a concertina friend from way back who thought it might be a good idea to mention that this particular instrument is of very good quality and tone. It measures up well against my wife's 57 Key Crabb Crane Duet, which was made for her by Neville and Geoff in 1983. What more can I say? £2,000-00 is a good price and I am prepared to wait for the right buyer.

The market for a (quality) Crane like this one may be quite limited. The Crane system doesn't get the popularity it deserves IMO - as a devoted player of the "English" concertina I can honestly say that a Crane would be the next thing to try, would I not be so happy with the EC. I've always admired the "logic" in the Crane system and reckon it should well be considered among the other candidates when choosing a Duet system...

Best wishes for your sale - Wolf

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...