Mozart & Co?

The seller has added the following information .....

"Somebody has kindly mailed me with more info about the probable maker, age, etc, please look below.

'Hi about your concertina, it's a duet system, probably McCann or Wheatstone, the maker was TS... that Thomas Shakespeare, and a good and rare maker from around 1880 to 1920 ish. the Mozart bit was the shop selling it when new, I think they mainly sold organs' "

Jake

By some coincidence Chris Algar recently sold a similar Crane, although in this instance a 48 button instrument (it is still on his concertina.co.uk website, I'd post the link but for some reason my computer isn't allowing this today). This too was marked T S Mozart. Were these two were part of a batch for a Mozart retailer, or perhaps was Shakespear using 'Mozart' as a name for his range of Crane system instruments, similar to 'Aeola' and 'Edeophone', 'Linota' etc

Were these two were part of a batch for a Mozart retailer, or perhaps was Shakespear using 'Mozart' as a name for his range of Crane system instruments, similar to 'Aeola' and 'Edeophone', 'Linota' etc

Nope. The one on eBay that started this thread was a Maccann layout, not a Crane.

Well, I thought I remembered both those names from previous discussions, though not necessarily together. BUT... a quick Google search found me this thread from 2007. What's more, it has a reference to this even earlier thread.