I Took The Plunge

otsaku

Alan, I would love that! I could have the Rosbif Waltz (beautiful that) learned and maybe even Limey Pete and I could show you my Koi pond (the fish are sullenly looking at me through the hole in the ice...they must think this weather is all my fault).

It was heartless to use bluegrass banjo on the neighbors for it is like curry (a little goes a LONG WAY :P ).

Edited by Mark Evans

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nils I'm in the wrong bit of the country - namely copenhagen though I have just applied for a job in sønderjylland....

Oh good, then we will see you at the Squeeze in. Anne (my girlfriend) plays English, and she isn't the only one who goes there who does.

Jim, will you have your bagpipes with you?

Chris

Oh good, then we will see you at the Squeeze in. Anne (my girlfriend) plays English, and she isn't the only one who goes there who does.

Not by a long shot; lots of English players, including those who play Irish music.

And that reminds me that I was supposed to make the official announcement, and something went wrong. Look for it here before the weekend.

Jim, will you have your bagpipes with you?

I said my neighbor wanted me to learn the pipes. I didn't say that I did learn. I didn't.

... I did have a neighbor whose only complaint about my practicing was that she didn't hear me often enough.  She ... also said that ... she'd really like me to take up the highland pipes. :)

Bit hard of hearing then ... :rolleyes:

or absolutely nutters...

About the pipes, she was.

Said that she almost failed all her courses at Edinburgh University, because her room overlooked the field where the pipe band practiced, and she'd forget about everything else when they were playing. ;)

And if they are mint toffees, will you be wresting them from the sheep?

Really, Al, the image is all Derek's fault, not mine. I, you will note, (musical reference so we can continue this line of thought) am blameless. Completely. Really. :lol:

Reminds me of a little story that the children used to like.

There once was a young fly who was enjoying a bright summers day out in the fields. He settled on a blade of grass and sat there in the warm sunshine. He wasn't paying attention so was quite surprised when a passing sheep took a mouthful of the succulent grass, including the blade of grass that the fly was sitting on. The fly was frightened as he was swallowed and passed down the sheep's throat into its stomach, however he was still uninjured. It was warm and dark in the sheep's stomach and after a while the fly settled down into a deep sleep. But when he woke up the sheep had gone!

Robin Madge

Oh what was I thinking. Completely missed the reference of toffee being mint because mint goes with lamb. Sorry, Al. Thanks, Jim, I finally remembered after your post.

Reminds me of when we used to have an uncle over for Sunday dinner. (No, no, Al and Jim, he was not on the menu. He came to eat not be eaten.) He hated lamb. My mom would make it, purposely (we were a devilish lot) and tell him it was something else. He loved it. The joke was always that we would put out mint jelly with this meat.

Thanks for the memory.