Wltb - Duet

Sprunghub

I would like to purchase a Duet concertina for my wife. I have researched the advice re. system/ key / button numbers and what is 'adequate' and what is better, or best. Ideally she is looking for an instrument to accompany solo song, so 'system' not important. I have an interest on one currently, but, fate being what fate is, sometimes it needs a little 'push' ( as well as a pull ) so I thought I would just mention it here in case a better option is available in the hands of someone who was about to offer one up.

We are on a shortish time scale regarding our current option, so if we take it, I may well be asking too late.

Uk based, not afraid of some 'work' or further investment into the right instrument if needing it.

There is a lady in Free State, South Africa who has two Duet concertinas for sale in perfect condition: 1) A 68 key Wheatstone Macaan serial #36396....and 2) A 80 key Wheatstone Macaan Duet #363492. Her phone number is +27 74-257-5528. I have seen pictures of the two concertinas and they look to be in mint condition. (the owner of the two Duet concertinas inherited them from her father who purchased them in the early 1950's.

I have a 55key Connor, Crane System Duet for sale.

Details and photos are on a previous posting. Not sure how to direct you to it, but if you Search Connor Crane you should find it.

Best Wishes TJ

I have a 46 button Maccann duet by Lachenal that I'm not using, and I do need some cash. It's in good, ready-to-play shape. Modern concert pitch, steel reeds, pretty exterior, and a good condition bellows. If you're interested, let me know and I'll take some pictures for you.

I've got a 64-key Maccann for sale. See thread titled 'OK, it's time to sell my first concertina' which I started as long ago as 29th November 2011. I've still got the instrument, as I'm not pro-active enought to get round to selling it. Any reasonable offer considered. I'm in Surrey, where are you?

Edited to add: One reason I no longer play it is the hand straps are a bit short for my great male hands, but it should suit a lady OK.

Edited by maccannic

Folks, I want to say how grateful we have been by the overwhelmingly positive response of members and offers both on the thread and via PM.

We have agreed a purchase and my good lady and looks forwards to becoming an active participant in her own right in due course. Un-knotting her fingers to type may be the first challenge ;)

Very many thanks to everyone. I have her initial practice sessions to look forwards to. Long walks with the dogs may be the answer :)