johnconstable

Dating A Lachenal From The Serial Number

Can I get help dating this weird Lachenal that I have posted here twice before (1999 and 2014). It's a 28-key instrument with all buttons on one end and nothing on the other. Serial number is 70510. Thanks so much.

IMG_4131.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

Hi Dowright

I wonder if you could help me by dating another one of mine - a Lachenal ec tutor model?

It is numbered 

Many Thanks

Tiposx

Thanks again Dowright!

Hi to all, I recently purchased an old Lachenal 20 button Anglo for the princely sum of £12 plus postage, I am seriously considering getting it restored and have been in contact with Dave Elliott at concertina repair about this. I am wondering if anyone would be able to give me an idea of when it was made? The serial number is 103779 and is labeled Lachenal and co? 
thank you 👍

Thank you Dowright, that is incredibly kind of you, it’s in a sorry state but I’m resolute that it will be brought back to its former glory! Thank you again 🙏

Hello Dowright, can you please date a Lachenal a 28-key anglo serial number 70510. It's the one shown a couple of posts further up the page, with all buttons on one end? I think Lachenal only began anglo production about 1862, so I'd hazard a guess at 1870-1880, but I'm curious. Thanks, David

I'd be very interested to have an estimated date for my Lachenal. Rosewood ended 30-button anglo with steel reeds. Serial on reed pan is 147438.

lachenal.jpg

6 hours ago, Dowright said:

David,

No 70510   Circa 1882

Tealeaf,

No 147438    Circa 1896

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Dowright said:

David,

No 70510   Circa 1882

Tealeaf,

No 147438    Circa 1896