Morse Geordie Tenor For Sale

Alanhsails

I have a low-serial number (115) Morse Geordie tenor for sale. This concertina was bought quite a few years ago and the guitarist in my band tried to play it. Her hands just don't "work" with concertina so she gave it to me, probably 7-8 years ago. I'm a woodwind player, and I can use the concertina for about 5 minutes before I cramp up. In other words, this instrument has barely been played and I simply can't use it. I'm going to stick to whistles and clarinet! The bubble wrap is still lying in the carrying case! Seriously, it's in absolutely perfect condition. I can attach pictures to this post if desired. $1900 + shipping. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area in California.

EDIT - some pictures

concertina1.jpg

concertina2.jpg

concertina3.jpg

Edited by Alanhsails

Yes, that's an early Albion (37 key, and possibly pre-dating when the Albion air button was added -- I'm not sure). The first Geordie tenors (45 key, plus air button) didn't come around until some years later, around the late 600s or early 700s serial numbers (and Geordie baritones started in the late 700s).

Albions come in treble and baritone range (not tenor); I couldn't tell you which this is offhand.

Will (former Morse maker)

Well, thanks, folks. I'm not a concertina person, so after staring at a bunch of picture at Button Box, figured it was a Geordie. Thanks for correcting me! The pitch is relatively high, so I would assume it's a treble. If anybody wants some sound files, I'm happy to make them, but I can't "play" the thing. I'll just be squeezing it and pushing some buttons.

It's clearly a lovely instrument, I would prefer that it go to someone who's going to use it well, and who knows what they're getting. That's why I requested an account here.

It's still for sale. If there's no interest by the end of the week, I'll go to Craigslist and Ebay.

Edited by Alanhsails