New Dymondwood Replacement

At last there us a new supplier of DymondWood like material. They have a number of different versions for different uses including versions that are essentially identical to the original DwmondWood made by the Rutland Plywood Corp. Before they burned down.

Their URL is

https://webbwood.com/

Lots of colors, a bit pricy, but now that all rosewoods are CITIES listed, these composites are even more attractive.

Dana

These materials look very exciting Dana! I have never worked with this sort of thing, the closest thing I have used is birch ply which we use a lot in the modelmaking industry. This stuff looks a lot denser and more beautiful, the possibilities for musical instruments are vast!

I will try and find something like this in the uk..

At last there us a new supplier of DymondWood like material....

Is there a source of supply in the U.K. (or of something similar)? As it happens, I have a small

(non-musical) application for which material like this would be ideal.

I can't find anyone who supplies anything except pen blanks and similar (too) small pieces.

The only source of 'supply' for high quality laminated wood products that I can think of offhand is

the unsupported wooden arches at Oxford Road Station in Manchester which have been there

since the station was redeveloped in the sixties. I suspect the authorities would take a dim view

if I had a go at them with a chain saw...

Ta.

Roger

Oops - did not see AH's post before I posted this. Let it stand...

Edited by lachenal74693

Look for WebbWood. I don't see why they couldn't export it, outside the cost of shipping small quantities. There is someone in the UK manufacturing and selling an ebony substitute called "Ebano" sounds similar. I've been using DymondWood for 20+ years. It is a superior product, and I have little doubt that the WebbWood which is made to be identical to it in their phenolic medium density version is just as good. My favorite thing is that it requires no finish, just a polish on a buffing wheel after fine sanding. It is quite pretty as well, about the density of Ebony.

Dana

These materials look very exciting Dana! I have never worked with this sort of thing, the closest thing I have used is birch ply which we use a lot in the modelmaking industry. This stuff looks a lot denser and more beautiful, the possibilities for musical instruments are vast!

I will try and find something like this in the uk..

post-11647-0-65161500-1455975799_thumb.jpg
sort of birch ply
sort of a model
post-11647-0-62442400-1455975865_thumb.jpg

Hi

I am the sales manager for D. B . Webb home of WebbWood. replacement for DymondWood

I would be happy to answer any question you have about our material

for the questions above

We have 4 different materials different Densities with and with out Phenolic.

We ship to most countries you can order from our Web site ( change country ) and it will give you shipping cast also.

many sizes and colors

Thank you Dana for your post look forward to hearing from you

Cliff Stetson

585 739-0173

www.webbwood.com

cliff@webbwood.com

Hi

I am the sales manager for D. B . Webb home of WebbWood. replacement for DymondWood

I would be happy to answer any question you have about our material

for the questions above

We have 4 different materials different Densities with and with out Phenolic.

We ship to most countries you can order from our Web site ( change country ) and it will give you shipping cast also.

many sizes and colors

Thank you Dana for your post look forward to hearing from you

Cliff Stetson

585 739-0173

www.webbwood.com

cliff@webbwood.com

Thanks Cliff, that's useful to know.