Holiday Pyramid

Greg Jowaisas

Shortage of available site memory prevented me from completing the holiday concertina pyramid as originally conceived. Here is another shot at it with a different format. Some close ups further down in the postings.

All the instruments are available, some at attractive prices. I can send a list or provide specific details. Enjoy! and have safe, music filled Happy Holidays with friends and family.

Best,

Greg

PS. No concertinas were harmed in the construction of this pyramid!

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

Now, are we going to have to guess the details (pitch, cost, etc) or are you planning on sharing?!

Ross

A little mystery and intrigue :ph34r: :rolleyes: But inquiries to specifics (PM me) welcome and public identification of individual instruments will be forthcoming.

Greg

Can you give me some details on the pinhole Aeola, please? It is quite big and has 60 keys? It looks like an extended treble?? But it could be a baritone?

I'm looking for a pin-hole TT...

Could it be that the TT Aeola has a slightly abnormal finger-rest-position - or is it a small BT??

Can you give me some details on the pinhole Aeola, please? It is quite big and has 60 keys? It looks like an extended treble?? But it could be a baritone?

I'm looking for a pin-hole TT...

Could it be that the TT Aeola has a slightly abnormal finger-rest-position - or is it a small BT??

Extended, extended treble. 60b and the "usual" unusually intriguing sound of a Wheatstone pinhole Aeola. Presently tuned to continental pitch (about 16 cents low of standard) I have not done any refurbishment yet and it plays nicely as is. Nice condition with the exception of some light wear around the buttons. 4 fold bellows are in good shape and reasonably tight. I'm enjoying singing with the instrument and not in a hurry to sell but would certainly consider the right offer.

Greg

Sounds nice! I have two pinholes: a 48 key treble ( by now with seven folds ;-) and a 48 key baritone. Both lovely instruments. Now I'm looking for a pin-hole tenor-treble ( they exist! )!!

How about the Aeola? Is it a normal TT?

Normal T/T. #24355 Tight 5-fold bellows. Plays well with a nicely balanced sound. Not timid but not overly loud. Would be very good for accompaniment or studio work.

• 2 weeks later...

Close ups of the pyramid:

The little "Salvationst" angel playing her concertina C/G and Bb/F anglos + an english or two 20b, 22b, 30b and a rivet steel reed

on top of a regular tuned semi-miniature 30b

and a Wheatstone pinhole Aeola

Aeolas, Holmwood, 60b New Model and a few duets New models. Aeola, and two Jeffries duets

($350 Mayfair at the extreme left) (Yes, that is a 48b Jeffries Crane!)

Somehow I missed a closeup of the 3rd row down. My apologies to the 35b Wheatstone Crane and 39b Lachenal McCann duet

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

A very 'Anglocan' feel to the Christmas tree this year!

I counted 34 instruments and 15 were English concertinas.

My comment was to Greg's original pyramid photos, now removed from this thread, and no longer makes sense here. Initially, what he had posted was almost solely anglos.