Who Is Frank 4983?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 4983 is Frank's birthday, he is only a pup?

(unless it is 1883, in which case he must be bidding from another place)

But could it be (19)49-08-03?

Then again, Danish "social security" numbers incorporate a person's birthdate, followed by a 4-digit number assigned in order of registration (to distinguish people born on the same day). So if Frank were Danish, that could be his 4-digit "identity".

The thought that amuses me is that Frank could be a member of Concertina.net, carefully not revealing himself (or herself?), and quietly chuckling over our futile speculation. :P

• 1 month later...

Ebay prices have amazing swings! I just noticed that our friend Frank has just paid US$1010 for a 20-button, rosewood ended Lachenal, unrestored! Two months ago I had a nicer, fully restored one that I couldn't get C$700 for on ebay!

On the other hand, I bought a 30-button brass-reeded one two months ago for GBP335 and yesterday one almost the same went for GBP570!

Crazy.

Ebay prices have amazing swings!  I just noticed that our friend Frank has just paid US$1010 for a 20-button, rosewood ended Lachenal, unrestored! 

Crazy.

Which means that someone was bidding against him up to that level = more than one "enthusiast."