English Baritone Wanted

bazza

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering if my English Concertina by Stagi is a tenor or baritone? Mine doesn't seem to have the correct key notes that correspond to the usual tuning that I found charts for on the internet... I think the bottom button on the right side starts at the C key.... (Any ideas?) Are they "keyed differently"?

Any English Baritones for sale, 48 button, Thanks

Have you seen this one on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheatstone-48-key-English-Baritone-Concertina-/252669175185?hash=item3ad441a591:g:hboAAOSw4GVYRaQs

If I had the cash to spare, I would be very keen as I have owned serial number 28614 for many years and it would tickle me to bring them together again. I would also like to play it, of course....

Steve

There are a weirdly high number of Ebay listings just now of supposedly incredible Wheatstones, at oddly low prices. I find this anomalous enough to warrant extreme caution.

An increase of offerings is not unusual for this time of year, I think, but being cautious is always good advice just in general.

And, yes, they include this nice six-sided ebony-ended Baritone at a reasonable "buy it now" price of 2750 Pound....

But I don't think that 1.500 Pound is an alarmingly low start-price for a late 48 key Aeola-treble or a decent six-sided baritone - with 8 days to go!?

It sounds, as if the seller of the two knows, what he is doing...

Both are based in Cowes. Anybody lives close by?

• 3 weeks later...

Any English Baritones for sale, 48 button, Thanks

Have you seen this one on eBay?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wheatstone-48-key-English-Baritone-Concertina-/252669175185?hash=item3ad441a591:g:hboAAOSw4GVYRaQs

If I had the cash to spare, I would be very keen as I have owned serial number 28614 for many years and it would tickle me to bring them together again. I would also like to play it, of course....

Steve

Someone seems to have bought it for £2500. Anybody from here?

Steve