Does Anyone Recognize This Concertina?

winterblue

My cat also often jumps in my lap when I'm playing my concertina. He doesn't really care much one way or the other about my flute. He leaves the room when I play whistle, especially when I first hit the upper octave, so I think that is because of the high frequency.

My dog loves all three, and will often sing along. That's a problem, because it's really hard to play flute or whistle while laughing!

:)

Steven

My wife has pretty much given up on trying to talk to me while I'm playing. Well, she never really tried it while I was playing my flute or whistle, but she's figured out I can't reply while playing my concertina either.

Funny, though, she still asks me questions when I'm brushing my teeth....

:)

Steven

can anyone???

I hate to contribute to thread creep a second time under this topic's heading, but felt compelled to respond to this question.

I was quite amazed by John William's ability to play concertina and talk at the same time. At the 2004 Friday Harbor Irish Music Camp someone came into the room while John was playing for a class and he engaged them in conversation, starting with "Can I help you" and after a brief exchange he gave them directions to another event on site. He continued playing the whole time and never missed a note.

Bruce

can anyone???
I hate to contribute to thread creep a second time

I'll be a creep too.

I can hold converstaions while playing bones (one or two-handed), but my playing will probably get a bit simpler, and I can't follow the other musicians as well, obviously. I pretty much can't talk when playing concertina, except for very short phrases if I'm playing a tune I know really well. But, I've been playing bones for about 9 years, and concertina for only 1 1/2.