Hayden Duet Help Getting Started

darticus

Anyone have any music for the Hayden Duet. Even music for the Elise would help. I know the elise has a started book. Maybe a copy of this might help. Anything that gets me to see the technique. Do they sell any music for the duet? Thanks All Ron

Brian Hayden wrote a duet tutor, you can find it here: http://www.concertina.com/hayden-duet/Hayden-All-Systems-Duet-Workshop-Tutor.pdf

There's a section on the button layout for the popular types of duets including Hayden and then some practice tunes that gradually increase in difficulty.

Thanks very much will check it out today. Ron

Anyone have any music for the Hayden Duet. Even music for the Elise would help. I know the elise has a started book. Maybe a copy of this might help. Anything that gets me to see the technique. Do they sell any music for the duet? Thanks All Ron

There's no music written for the Hayden (or very little, anyway). It's a newish system for playing oldish tunes (I know... I know...). Any collection of morris dance tunes, contradance tunes, Playford tunes, French bourrées, etc. will get you started.

It would certainly help you if you got two large sheets of paper for left hand and right hand and write out the layout of your instrument, Invest in a chord book and some simple music and play in twenty minute bursts about 1-3 sessions a day.

Good luck

Al