Jody's England Solo Tour - November 2016

Just a reminder, hope to see you there...

Jody's England Solo Tour - November 2016

Tuesday 1 Saint Neots Folk Club, Cambridgeshire
Wednesday 2
Admiral Benbow, Penzance, Cornwall

Friday 4 Swindon Folksinger's Club, Wiltshire

Sunday 6 Bothy Folk Club, Southport, Merseyside

Monday 7 Pete & Sue Coe House Concert, Ripponden, West Yorkshire
Tuesday 8
Kiveton Park Folk Club, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Friday 11
Calstock Arts Center, Cornwall, with Geoff Lakeman
Saturday 12
Shammick Acoustic Folk Club, Combe Martin, North Devon
Sunday 13
Walthamstow Folk Club, London
Monday 14
Chesham Folk Club, Buckinghamshire
Tuesday 15 Bracknell Folk Club, Windlesham, Surrey
Wednesday 16 Dorking Folk Club, Surrey
Friday 18
Black Diamond Folk Club, Birmingham
Monday 21
Warwick Folk Club

post-557-0-69367500-1476078462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jody Kruskal

I was planning on making the next night, but I'd love to meet up, Alex. West Yorkshire is right tricky for me, though (and I'll be coming back from Cornwall that day most likely). Logistics, logistics. If anyone's driving from Pete Coe's to Sheffield after the concert, that would put a finger on the scales....

I was planning on making the next night, but I'd love to meet up, Alex. West Yorkshire is right tricky for me, though (and I'll be coming back from Cornwall that day most likely). Logistics, logistics. If anyone's driving from Pete Coe's to Sheffield after the concert, that would put a finger on the scales....

Cool, well I could probably make it to the Sheffield gig instead. I wouldn't want to hang around afterwards though because it's a bit of a long slog back to Burnley.

I've been meaning to pop down to Sheffield and visit the Kelham Island Museum for some time - we could meet up beforehand if you were in Sheffield and at a loose end?

On Thursday 3rd of November Jody is staying the night with us en route from Penzance to Swindon. We are having a one-off session that night at a pub in Bradford on Avon and anyone here is welcome. The session is basically English music but we won't be religious about it and there's likely to be a fair bit of American music as well!

The pub is the Dog & Fox, 33 Ashley Rd, Bradford on Avon BA15 1RT and the session starts at 9.

Chris

PS the pub does superb draught cider!

The session is basically English music but we won't be religious about it and there's likely to be a fair bit of American music as well!

Indeed, I learned a marvelous French tune (Ganivelle, by Frederic Paris) there last year that I still play every chance I get!

Jake, I hope to see you at St. Neots.

--------------------------------------------

I have a few days off on the 19th and 20th this November. I’m planning to attend the Fil Tebbut concert at The Royal in Dungworth (near Sheffield) on Saturday where I hope to sing a few myself. Then on Sunday I’ll be back for the famous carols. I've heard about this amazing event for years but I've never had the chance to go, so here's my chance.

Wish me luck on actually getting in the door. It’s not a huge pub and the carols are known for being more than well attended.

Jody, the carol singers squeeze in the pub just fine, all two or three or seven hundred of 'em, and they only squeeze in the pub maybe a dozen times a year for carols. You and I, no trouble -- we concertina players practice squeezing every day (and often in pubs no less)! We'll have no trouble at all, provided we wake up good and early on Sunday.

Jake, I hope to see you at St. Neots.

--------------------------------------------

I have a few days off on the 19th and 20th this November. I’m planning to attend the Fil Tebbut concert at The Royal in Dungworth (near Sheffield) on Saturday where I hope to sing a few myself. Then on Sunday I’ll be back for the famous carols. I've heard about this amazing event for years but I've never had the chance to go, so here's my chance.

Wish me luck on actually getting in the door. It’s not a huge pub and the carols are known for being more than well attended.

I'm Thom from the Bradford sessions. But I'm not tall, and I don't play the fiddle or the bagpipes.

I think Dr Sleep is thinking of my friend Brian Tilley - he will certainly get those tunes started - if you let him!

Oh and thankfully, neither of us look like Steve Howe!