New Rigged Ship Alan Day Version Help

darticus

Could use some suggestions for the right hand. I understand the chords but I don't know where to play the notes on the right hand. I know you said to play them on the G Row but I don't know where the buttons are to use. Any chance you could tell me the button numbers to use for the first 12 notes or so to get me started. I have a 20 button button chart. I don't think I have how the numbers go on the button chart. Thanks Ron

Hallo Ron I presume you have a CG box .I play the tune on the G row

The first two lead in notes start on the Left Hand .First two bars on the G row.

3rd and 4th bar make use of the C row on the pull.( Two pull notes on the G Row then third note on the pull on the C row )

Come back to me if you cannot work it out.

Al

Hallo Ron I presume you have a CG box .I play the tune on the G row

The first two lead in notes start on the Left Hand .First two bars on the G row.

3rd and 4th bar make use of the C row on the pull.( Two pull notes on the G Row then third note on the pull on the C row )

Come back to me if you cannot work it out.

Al

I think I see what your saying. It is a CG box. First two tune notes would be LEFT HAND pull button 3, push button 4 left hand your numbering. It seems like these two are called 3 pull push 2 in the book I have. Third note BUTTON is on the right hand top G row pull, I would call button 6. Forth note push 6 right hand, 5th note pull 6, 6 note push button 6, seventh note push 6 button. Maybe this is it? Should I continue this way? Ron

Edited by darticus

No first lead in notes LH 1 Push and Pull. then RH 1 pull and push all on the G row.

Al

I think we are good now. For some reason my book numbers the buttons wrong, but I had it wrong anyway. I also didn't know what the small numbers are for on the chart by the buttons. Now I think I'm good. Is there a button chart for the 20 or 30 button showing the correct numbering so I can talk using the same terms? I think I can write the numbers all in now. Thanks again crazy Ron

In the early tutor book I had the numbering always came from the thumb 1-5 Left 1-5 Right.but it may be different in other books so I can see the confusion.In my tutor however I do explain the numbering method I use..

Al

I guess I just have to kept this in mind. Some seem to use different numbering and causes problems. I think this is going good now will check it out today.

This pic shows the numbering that I think is correct.

Thanks again Ron

20160902_1.jpg

Edited by darticus

Thats the other numbering system I was using. 10 at start is your L1 and a line above is pull and no line push. The 6 on the right is your R1 and the line above is pull and no line push. Looks like its working so far. Thanks Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Alan hope your still here

My numbering system does work and tested but different from yours.

Now for the place to hit the chords

I hit the C chord on the 4th note and 7thy note and so on. It sounds like you hit it twice in that distance. What is correct? I Hit C CHORD BUTTONS L1,L2 ON G ROW L4 ON C ROW ON NOTES 4th, 7th, 10, 13, D CHORD BUTTONS L1,L3 ON C ROW AND L4 ON G ROW on NOTES 15 ,18, 20, and 22 back to C CHORD. Thanks Ron

Edited by darticus

Ron have you tried a slow downer ? I was thinking that a recording of me playing at half speed would be of assistance but you can do this on your computer.I remember it being called "The amazing Slow Downer" .The other alternative could be a recording on the left hand .It can only be once through however unless I do a Utube of it. The chords seem about right .The last chord you are mentioning I presume that you are using that on the pull ?

Al

Ron have you tried a slow downer ? I was thinking that a recording of me playing at half speed would be of assistance but you can do this on your computer.I remember it being called "The amazing Slow Downer" .The other alternative could be a recording on the left hand .It can only be once through however unless I do a Utube of it. The chords seem about right .The last chord you are mentioning I presume that you are using that on the pull ?

Al

Last chord is a pull. Its just very fast, spinning my old brain. I know you do play it on the you tube but can't really see the left hand good. If you were able to show the left hand on you tube it would be great because I can slow it down there also. I will also look for the slow down program but I don't know if the file of it is out there or whatever you use in the program.

It seems like that the slow down program wants to add other thing so I didn't do it yet I need it for windows XP. Thanks Ron

Edited by darticus

https://youtu.be/rwQbmVI7T7Q

I hope this helps but my fingers are getting in the way of the buttons.

See how you get on.I am using my little finger on the run and the drone if you have one but no problems if you leave it out.

Al

Very good I will watch over and over. You could have recorded in normal speed as it can be slowed down later. Looking at the 3rd line. There are 5 measures and in the 4th measure there are 3 E notes together and need a chord. What are you doing in this area.

YOU MENTION A RUN AND A DRONE??? What would this be? Where used? Thanks again Ron

Edited by darticus

The Chord 1 & 3 C Row, 4 G row Left Hand on pull

with 2 C Row on Right hand on pull

By using the C row on the pull ,it enables you to use the chord above and also not having to do a push note 1 on the G row left hand.

This is one of a number of things that makes your playing of certain tunes easier.

The drone is usually situated next to your left thumb.Do not be concerned if your concertina hasn't got one it is only an accompaniment variation.

Al

The Chord 1 & 3 C Row, 4 G row Left Hand on pull

with 2 C Row on Right hand on pull

By using the C row on the pull ,it enables you to use the chord above and also not having to do a push note 1 on the G row left hand.

This is one of a number of things that makes your playing of certain tunes easier.

The drone is usually situated next to your left thumb.Do not be concerned if your concertina hasn't got one it is only an accompaniment variation.

Al

I will try. It didn't sound right with the E notes. Thanks again Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Now that this is working out can you tell me why in the Anglo Concertina Tutor its done in G but in your English Set on youtube you do it in another key. I think on youtube it might be done in D. Is it just a different key concertina? It doesn't sound as high of a key. Thanks Ron

Edited by darticus