Visit To The Uk

I am considering visiting the UK to do a series of workshops and concerts with my fiddle playing daughter and wondered if there is an interest. February or early March would be a good time for us. I have a series of classes called "Thinking Outside the Box". thanks for your feedback. Bertram

If the timing and cheap air fares work out, I might even fly over from Denmark.

But I'm reading Bertram's question as having two parts:

1. Who would be likely to attend a workshop? Several positive responses already.
  2. Who could/would arrange or sponsor such a workshop and make the necessary local arrangements? If not you, maybe someone you know?

...series of workshops and concerts...

I hope the key word is 'series', and that Mr. Levy would consider including Manchester ('Second city of the Empire' :) )

in his list of places to visit. I'd be up for it...

Roger

Edited by lachenal74693

thanks Jim Lucas for clarifying my inquiry :

Who could/would arrange or sponsor such a workshop and make the necessary local arrangements? If not you, maybe someone you know?

I am definitely interested in offering a series of classes around the UK. It appears there is interest in a workshop (class) around London and Manchester. I will be touring with my daughter with whom we have a fiddle banjo and concertina duo of Old Time Music from the piedmont region of Appalachia I am arranging some possible concert venues for us.

Is there someone in the London area who would be interested in arrange the class?

Roger: how many concertina in your area who would come to a class?

thanks everyone for your response Bertram

• 4 weeks later...

starting to get serious about this trip - looks like the dates will be Feb 2 to 17 2017. I am working on a London performance venue for an old timey concert of banjo fiddle and concertina. If someone can provide a space I will do a class . If not I can offer some private lessons. We would be happy to come to Manchester if there was a folk club or venue that would have us (as well as a class). Cambridge as well.

Also any suggestions for other folk club venues around the island would be appreciated.

thanks

bertram