Alan Day Tutorial Help

cryptastix

hey everyone-

Alan day made a tutorial on the exact topic i want to learn.(how to accompany music) His tutorial, while lots of knowledge is in them, It is confusing and hard to learn.

so anyone that has useful info on his tutorial, please post. I will do the same as I can.

lets start with the topic on congo song:

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18908

Alan day made a tutorial on the exact topic i want to learn.(how to accompany music) His tutorial, while lots of knowledge is in them, It is confusing and hard to learn.

"Confusing and hard to learn" for you, perhaps, and the Congo thread indicates that you're not alone. But the tutorial has also received much praise, so it seems that not everyone has had that difficulty. Come to us with specifics, and maybe some of us -- even Alan himself -- can help you out.

"Confusing and hard to learn" for you, perhaps, and the Congo thread indicates that you're not alone. But the tutorial has also received much praise, so it seems that not everyone has had that difficulty. Come to us with specifics, and maybe some of us -- even Alan himself -- can help you out.

lol, yeah im not afraid to admit im not some stellar musician. im not sure if you were trying to insult me or not. it doesnt matter. If i have trouble and can offer help to people in the same boat as me, i will.

So yes, it is hard for me.

This is a fine instrument. and this forum is pointing us all in the right direction.

oh, and kinda irrelevant. but I wasnt Attacking alan in anyway for his tutorial. Far from it. ITs the way i want to learn. But there are massive gaps of knowledge in the material. its great expert musicians get it, I dont. If my path can accelerate and help people learn, thats the goal. Because Im learning a massive amount having to learn it myself but im wasting so much time as well trying to figure it out.

I can understand many not liking, or are confused by the lack of detail on the tutor, as it was originally just a CD sent to a friend in America for helping him get to grips with left hand accompaniment, a method I used to learn ,many years ago.He found it so useful that he suggested others may benifit from it and I posted it on here.The initial response was so great it cost me a fortune sending CDs all over the World and setting up a website (now discontinued ).

David Bernert kindly added his expertise to write out the music . If it helps anybody ,just one player then fine ,but I shall not be unhappy if you cannot get on with it. It has always been free, so I have guilt that it does not reach expectations.

Al