Ivory Buttons From Old German Anglos

hielandman

Hi, does anyone out there have any buttons, or junked german anglos from the 1800s? The buttons were glued on leather covered wooden levers, and were part wood(lower part), and the top part looked like ivory, and frequently were engraved with the button number. I am looking for some, if anyone has any that they would like to part with. They measure 9/32 of an inch (.281", +/- .005 ", or, 7.1 mm). They were found on those nice looking German made anglos with the fretwork like the English made ones. If anyone has any, please let me know, thanks, Don Smith

Might any of these help?

The smaller ones are piano accordion bass buttons and are about 7.3mm dia. The larger ones with wooden bases are from a German button accordion and are about 9mm, but have the wood base you want. I would think it would not be a difficult job to shorten the PA bass buttons and add a wooden base. I've probably got various other buttons in my odds 'n ends box but I know there is nothing actually from a German concertina.

Theopost-510-1105958204_thumb.jpg

...does anyone out there have any buttons, or junked german anglos from the 1800s?

On The Map I see only two red dots (C.net anglo players) in Germany. I know there are many more than that. And many who don't play just Irish music or English-made instruments. Why wouldn't they have their own subculture? Maybe there's even someone making new replacement parts? Is there anyone here who can provide a contact?