For Sale~ Stagi 30 Button Anglo C/g.... Nice Player!

twisper

I am selling my Stagi W-15-MS which I have had for a few years. Right now it's in great playing condition and tune. When I first obtained it, there were the usual complaints...sticky buttons, some duff notes, etc. I gave it a make-over which included renewing the button retainers, taper-reaming the button holes to smooth and insure easy button travel, replaced the silvery grill 'cloth' with a fabric material, and did a thorough retune and re-set of reeds. I also lowered the button action a bit and enlarged the air button vent. This model features each reed plate being fastened by a screw, rather than waxed in. The instrument is now quite enjoyable to play, has a sweet tone, and has been my travel companion on many trips.

Compression is excellent, has the typical leather covered bellows, all intact, no leaks. Comes with a rather pedestrian, but clean and serviceable hard case. Would be a good instrument for a starter, or a good travel box. I will also offer a limited approval time (TBD), if not satisfied, buyer to pay for return shipping. Asking US$350.00 + shipping. Contact me via PM, and ask for a quote on shipping, or any other questions you may have. I live in the Northwest USA. Donation to the site will be made if sold through this medium.............................................................................................................................................. See photos attached, and sound sample (video link).

Reason for selling: I have reached a stage in life where I am compelled to simplify and reduce my herd of instruments significantly. To this end, I have been slowly parting with some melodeons, stringed instruments, and now the Stagi. I also have a very fine hand-made Tedrow that I will retain as my sole concertina.

Sound sample here: https://youtu.be/EniUC-BpfdA

post-1103-0-75044700-1469236775_thumb.jpg

post-1103-0-91131800-1469236894_thumb.jpg

post-1103-0-24174400-1469239055_thumb.jpg

Edited by twisper

Hi twisper,

No sorry this is not an offer to buy, although I would indeed be tempted if you lived in England.

Your delightful linked YouTube clip has me absolutely addicted to your lilty playing of 'Harp and Shamrock' and we have now checked out the many available versions of the dots as well as other versions on YouTube, indeed I can hear my wife trying it on her Fiddle in the living room as I write.

I note you are playing it in C, not, as generally seems to be 'writ', in G

As a newcomer to Anglo I am struggling a bit with it but I have adopted it as THE Anglo tune to learn next ! Love your little chordal fills, just right.

No doubt everyone but me knows this tune well, especially Irish tune enthusiasts, ….. so perhaps I should get out more ?

The sweet sound of your Stagi is unbelievable, and at the suggested price, with the improvements / modifications you have effected, has surely got to be a great buy.

Good luck with the sale (sorry it's not to me !), sorry to hijack the thread.

Rob

Edited by Robin Tims