Search Question

Is there a way to search and see what users are playing a duet concertina, aside from looking through all the members profiles? Would be nice to be able to search posts from known hayden duet players!

Any search tips for finding songs done on hayden duets?

Thanks,

Kevin

Any search tips for finding songs done on hayden duets?

Not a cookbook answer to your question, but... I find that the local (Invision) search facility is seriously flawed, missing a lot of relevant posts, so I mostly use Google's "Advanced Search" facility, limiting my search to the domain concertina.net.

Hello, Kevin, and welcome. While only involved for the last 4 years, and two years with the Hayden (CC Elise) I know there is frequent activity about these devices. Perhaps not the list you seek, in the way you'd like it, but available if sought. "Inventor" has written lots, and members here (off the top of my head, and an old head, at that) who are Hayden players are at least David B., Matthew V., Lukasz M., Jeff L., and I believe Alex H. Most of them are far more experienced than I, who proudly represent the bottom rung on the Hayden ladder (as my other foot finds the bottom of the Anglo ladder....at least there's consistency!)

Also, Judy H. (also of the ButtonBox) has generated nice tutorials.

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in the system, and find it more and more rewarding as I practice. I don't read music, so always just play the tunes in my head. The Elise is great for that, in several keys, and will eventually be a dandy self-accompaniment machine.

Good luck, and regards,

David

Don't miss Richard Morse's contribution to discussions of Hayden fingering patterns. e.g http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6254and http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2755

Searching for Beaumont or Peacock might be useful.

David Barnert's contributions to TOTM are worth searching for.

Wecome Kevin.

Unless someone names their variety of instrument in their profile, concertina.net (or, for that matter, google) has no way of knowing that information. My profile clearly states "Hayden," and my soundcloud and youtube contributions are clearly labeled for easy searching. My handle at both soundcloud and youtube is "Dr. Sleep" (I'm an anesthesiologist), but you should be able to find my contributions just by searching on "Barnert Hayden Concertina."

I've been playing Haydens for about 30 years. I'd be happy to discuss any questions or problems, but I'd rather do it here in a public forum than by private message, where nobody else can benefit from it. If you start a thread for that purpose, you can PM me to make sure I don't miss it.

David, I already have you on my sound cloud favorites, and search you here, thanks for putting that information in your profile! I will certainly take you up on that offer of answering questions! I try to use search first, I imagine a lot of my questions have been asked before.