New Member - New Concertina!

Hi there Condertina.netters! New member here, just purchased my first concertina (and likely to be my last if my bank balance has anything to do with it! :D)

I have a vintage 40 button G/C anglo, and have never played one before. I live in West Norfolk UK and have a couple of friends (one of this parish, Artidots) who are being helpful with showing me round the instrument and explaining what's what. I also have a good tutor book. However I'd love to find an anglo tutor in- county, if possible, to start me off on the right track.

I also play D/G melodeon and fiddle. I don't read music. Might there be anyone out there, say within a 40-50 mile radius of….Kings Lynn probably my nearest town, ? Yes, we are used to driving miles to get anywhere here in Norfolk!

I'm enjoying reading your back pages to get a feel of the place and in the process educating myself about all sorts of things - some even related to concertinas!

Living in hope,

Lynne.

Hi Lynne,

Why not come along to SqueezEast Concertinas, look at our Web pages http://www.squeezeast.org.ukor Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SqueezEast-Concertinas-1564910423765753/ for more information. Several of our members live near KL and we practice in one of our homes to the West of Norwich usually about monthly, which is only 45 mins or so from KL. Several members play Anglos and are prepared to tutor as well, indeed one of our objectives is to promote and teach concertina playing of all types. Inability to read music is not a problem, You will be very welcome.

Mike

Lynne's mention of 'Artidots' which she used in all good faith based on another Forum, is actually me.

I can certainly endorse all that Mike says about SqueezEast Concertinas.

Rob

Edited by Robin Tims

Oooooops! Sorry Rob! Anyway, a good opportunity to thank you for all your (on-going!) help and to set the record straight that it is all down to YOU that I decided to buy the anglo!

Mike I shall indeed be in touch, I could do with some direction I think as I'm not finding it so easy to pick up as the melodeon was. Thanks.

All best Lynne.

Hi Lynne,

I gather from Andrew, another member of SE when we had a practice today that you have been in touch with SqueezEast and we are looking forward to seeing you and giving what help we can. Rob is also a member of SE albeit currently in absentia so, like myself, may be biased towards our little group, and it may turn out that you know more then one of us anyway.

Mike