Concertina Button Spaceing

Do all concertinas have different button spacing. I play a Hohner D40 20 button and thought it was good spacing. When I tried a Stagi W15 30 button the spacing was very close. Is this a normal issue depending on concertina? I guess its more a get use to problem. Thanks Ron

I had the same issue, but I think all (most?) higher-quality concertinas have closer button spacing, if only to squeeze 30 buttons onto a smaller instrument. There's an left hand F chord on the pull that I can hit on the D40 but which I can't contort my fingers for on my Clover. I've been leaving out one note and it sounds fine. For single notes it just took a couple of days to get used to.

Mike

Edited by MJGray

I had the same issue, but I think all (most?) higher-quality concertinas have closer button spacing, if only to squeeze 30 buttons onto a smaller instrument. There's an left hand F chord on the pull that I can hit on the D40 but which I can't contort my fingers for on my Clover. I've been leaving out one note and it sounds fine. For single notes it just took a couple of days to get used to.

Mike

OK Thanks

I thought maybe it was a child size. I'm starting to get use to it. Maybe this is a keeper. Looks and sounds great. Ron