Informal Photographs

A friend snapped the photo below at a Baltimore Folk Music Society event in the Catoctin Mountain National Park last weekend. I think it captures a lovely moment (at least for me!) in the weekend.

I imagine that other C-net members have similar evocative photos, and thought I'd start a thread. It would be fun to see other members playing their instruments (or just sitting around with them)in relaxed rather than performance settings.

The unfocused "concertina stare" is optional.

post-8606-0-12034000-1466705179_thumb.jpeg

A great feeling of relaxation comes out of this photo. What beautiful surroundings. I'd love to add to your thread but noone stays close enough to me to take a photo when I start playing :( Maybe with a very long telephoto lens...

(tried to repost my file - seems like I cant now)

Store it elsewhere and just link to the image? I do that all the time. And since it's not stored on concertina.net, I'm not subject to any Forum size limits, either collective or individual.

(tried to repost my file - seems like I cant now)

Store it elsewhere and just link to the image? I do that all the time. And since it's not stored on concertina.net, I'm not subject to any Forum size limits, either collective or individual.

Done

Done

Nice one. It is possible, though, to do the link so that the external photo appears in your post.

I don't seem to have any recent photos, so here are a couple of "oldies but goodies" I was able to locate, in order to show you what I mean. I click on the image tool in the editor, then enter the URL of the image.

JimAtRisor2000_d4.JPG ---- Jim+G-bass_d2.JPG

The one on the left is at the Risør (Norway) Shanty Festival in the year 2000. In the one on the right (from 1997), I'm playing my G-bass (English, 2 octaves below a treble) for a friend. And yes, I actually play it like that... standing.

Here's a group portrait, taken last year, of some of the regulars at Fergie's in Philadelphia. The fellow with the concertina is yours truly.

Fergie's, on Sansom Street in Center City, has for many years hosted, from 4 to 7 on Saturdays, the best Irish session in town. Should you ever swing by this way, drop me a line and I'll give you directions, introductions, etc.

Bob Michel

Near Philly

post-11440-0-28937800-1467125547_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bob Michel

• 1 month later...