Maybe Valve Sticking?

I have a new Hohner D40 and only have it about 3 days. Today is humid out but I noticed the push 5 left hand button sounds like it gets louder with a little extra pressure and you almost here a valve opening all of a sudden and getting louder. I guess in not getting louder but its lower and going to normal. Does a humid day cause any sound problems with concertinas? What do you think? Thanks Ron

Edited by darticus

Sometimes a valve will be slow closing and you can hear it happen, and humidity is the sort of thing that might create that change the behaviour of a leather valve. Keeping the concertina vertical might also. Any change like this I find it best to work around it and wait to see whether it will stabilise.

D40s have accordion reeds and plastic valves and therefore don't suffer from leather valve problems. Could be a stray bit of wax sticking the valve down, a common enough problem. An accordion tech could cure this in minutes but it's probably worth asking them to set the reeds and tune them as well as in my experience of Hohner concertinas/melodeons/accordions these are somewhat random.