Concertina Sound Quality

I have heard several anglos and they have sounded quite different. I attended the Tall ships Festival at Dana Point California in 2015. There I met one of the crew of the Californian and he was playing a 20 button Stagi and I brought my newly acquired A.P. James mini-anglo to be christened by cannon fire on board one of the tall ships.

The mini-anglo sounds very bright and pierces through the air well. The Stagi had a very nice mellowed out sound, it took me by surprise as I have never heard a Stagi in person only seen pictures. His sounded far deeper and more resonant than I would have expected.

I also own a 20 button Lachanel: compared to the Crane Duet I own the anglo sounds very similar, different from both the APJ Mini and the Stagi.

I have heard several anglos and they have sounded quite different. I attended the Tall ships Festival at Dana Point California in 2015. There I met one of the crew of the Californian and he was playing a 20 button Stagi and I brought my newly acquired A.P. James mini-anglo to be christened by cannon fire on board one of the tall ships.

The mini-anglo sounds very bright and pierces through the air well. The Stagi had a very nice mellowed out sound, it took me by surprise as I have never heard a Stagi in person only seen pictures. His sounded far deeper and more resonant than I would have expected.

I also own a 20 button Lachanel: compared to the Crane Duet I own the anglo sounds very similar, different from both the APJ Mini and the Stagi.

Thanks I never heard any other than mine. Ron

I never heard any other than mine.

Your profile says you live in Sparta, New Jersey (USA). That's 30-40 miles from New York City. There must be at least a dozen (maybe dozens of) concertina players -- anglo, English, and maybe even duet -- within 50 miles of you, as well as various sessions, dances, and concert venues where they can be found. I think you should go find some of them. A photo may be worth 10 thousand words, but a meeting in person in worth much more. And listening "live" is far better than listening to sound files.

And some (not all) of them are members here, including some active posters. So you folks reading this, how about offering to meet darticus and suggesting a time and place to meet? (I'd offer a meeting at my apartment, but I'm about 3900 miles=6300 km distant from you.)