Mná An Ceoil On Tg 4

Mná an Ceoil is a series of programs looking at the women in Irish traditional music.

The first two programs in the series looked at harpers and Whistle/fluteplayers. Both a great watch with some great music. The one tonight (with repeat later in the week) deals with the concertina playing women of Ireland.

Watch live or archives on the TG4 player : here

As far as I know the program is accessible outside Ireland.

Just to add that there is English subtitles.

Whilst the video is playing, if you move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the video, on the right hand side you will see an option to turn on subtitles when you press the little CC box.

Whilst the video is playing, if you move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the video, on the right hand side you will see an option to turn on subtitles when you press the little CC box.

Thanks, Jay-Jay. I tried, but no luck...maybe my system is too antiquated. I did enjoy the music very much.

Thanks, Jay-Jay. I tried, but no luck...maybe my system is too antiquated. I did enjoy the music very much.

The only other thing you could try is maybe a different web browser, it does say that if a browser is out of date, it won't function

The only other thing you could try is maybe a different web browser, it does say that if a browser is out of date, it won't function

Thanks, again....I'l try it in Mozilla.

it won't play for me. I hit the "play" function, and nothing. :angry:

I just tried it again and it seems a bit temperamental, in Firefox it only started only at third attempt, it went fine in Edge and Vivaldi at second go.

Best try again, it's worth it. G'luck

Direct link

You may want to make sure all java scripts are turned on, possibly adblockers turned off (RTE won't play anymore with adblock, grrr)

Edited by Peter Laban

Eoin O'Neill's April 15 Clare FM "West Wind" features guest playing by the Queally sisters of Kilmaley--Aoibheann playing some lovely concertina, Pamela on fiddle

I taught Aoibheann the pipes for years. She always had nice music, on concertina, flute, whistle and pipes. She did very well in the u18 slow air on the pipes in the All Ireland. Her heart was more with the concertina though.

Image%20103_5_zpsf8izgms9.jpg