A Few Video Tutorials For English

These are terrific, Steve. Most generous of you to make and post them.

I can't seem to watch one of your videos without wondering just a little if I should have chosen the English system after all...

Bob Michel

Near Philly

Edited by Bob Michel

I can't seem to watch one of your videos without wondering just a little if I should have chosen the English system after all...

Bob Michel

Near Philly

Oh no Bob, your anglo playing is a delight. Well on second thought you could acquire and play an english as well! After the NFF at Easter I've become inspired to have a go at anglo. I do play a button accordion so anglo should be a snack, the only concern being spreading one's time too thinly. That's why I stopped playing accordion and banjo and all the rest of 'em.

Speaking as a novice I have to say a big thank you!, this is exactly the type of thing that helps us beginners start to understand the EC a little more, if you have done anything else along the same easy going lines I for one would be very happy to see it,

Ta very much, Vin.

Steve, thanks for posting these lessons. They have inspired me to try chords on my English.

I have only used it for melody lines so far in the past five years.

After playing the English for a year, I bought a Crane duet to use for song accompaniment.

Your techniques will be useful on both instruments.

I recently bought a G/D anglo that I like for the ease of playing chords in those two keys, which suit my voice.

Unfortunately, I am proof that spreading oneself too thin does not make for an expert in anything.