Some Small Dammage On My New Purchase.

Hi there. Im new to this insturment, but sigh.. i allready have a service question. I got a Rochelle just to start with. It loos to me like a previous owner stuck his finger through the mesh inside the side cutouts. the mesh seems to be interfering with the action of the B/C and D#/C# keys. the pads not being able to rise up smoothly

Was wondering if would be easy to take the side off and push the mesh back up and lue it back in place. I do hope there is not anything else off about those keys. but the rest of it seems to work fine. keys are responsive bellows pump fine. just those 2.

Any advice would be great.

thanks

2016-03-09%2010.23.20.jpg.

Very easy to do! I have been inside an Elise (the Duet version of your Rochelle).

Just undo those screws on the face and carefully lift off the ends. You can either glue the screen back into place, or even just tape it up.

When you put it back together be gentle with the screws. If I remember correctly they go straight into the material of the bellows rather than having a metal anchor to screw in to. If you tighten down too hard you risk stripping the screw hole. Just go tight enough that there shouldn't be any air leakage.

Best of luck with the repair!

Very easy to do! I have been inside an Elise (the Duet version of your Rochelle).

Just undo those screws on the face and carefully lift off the ends.

In a Rochelle there are also two small cross-headed screws, usually hidden under a black gasket that holds the action board and the ends together. You need to remove those very carefully because the metal is soft and easily wears away - so you'll need to use a screwdriver that fits their slots well, and securely, or you could get into difficulties.

You can either glue the screen back into place, or even just tape it up.

Or take them out altogether - they tend to be troublesome like that...

When you put it back together be gentle with the screws. If I remember correctly they go straight into the material of the bellows rather than having a metal anchor to screw in to. If you tighten down too hard you risk stripping the screw hole. Just go tight enough that there shouldn't be any air leakage.

Yes, they're woodscrews, not machine screws, and they're screwed directly into softwood, so only screw them (gently) "touch-tight"!

Oh OK that's good to know. It's all I just got it and kinda hesadent to go tearing into it. The one sticky key does seem to have a issue of its own. I don't think it's the mesh. It's quiet till you pull rather hard.