Sign in to follow this  
richard

Happiness Is A Warm Concertina

Hello friends

Please don't hate me or send me off to Coventry for posting this endearing photo of our new adopted 9 year old kitty who finds comfort wherever she can.

Richard

post-290-0-86542200-1454987698_thumb.jpg

My cat has a decidedly different relationship with the concertina.

Hello friends

Please don't hate me or send me off to Coventry for posting this endearing photo of our new adopted 9 year old kitty who finds comfort wherever she can.

Richard

One of our cats used to climb on my lap and sit behind the concertina, sometimes trying to look into the ends, perhaps awaiting the emergence of the squeeky mouse ?

post-11647-0-11484400-1455019621_thumb.jpgmy dog likes it when i change the words of the songs to make them about her, i.e. jock stewart>jack russell

Edited by nicx66

Richard, I'll trade you for a nice warm soft fluffy pillow for the cold hard concertina. Just want to help make your cat more comfortable...

I have a cat now that is somewhat like Geoff's, whenever I play she seeks me out and becomes insistent that I stop playing and pet her. If there's a place where she can get beside me, she'll sit there and reach out with her paw at me. My wife insists the poor cat must be deaf, but it seems well able to hear a can of food open from a distance.

Hah! I have no cat, but my dog is quite interested in the concertina until I start to play it. Then he cocks his head and leaves the room. I know I am new, but really!

When I was fairly new to the instrument, there was a cat in the house who would try hard to stick her claws in the bellows every time I started playing. Even now I sometimes wonder whether she was right.

Not me. Teenage (then) son.

I should have followed my better though vague knowledge... :)

But still I'd like to learn what (if any) tune was played...

The photo was taken on January 5th 2008 and while there are, strange enough, occasional instances where I can remember the exact tune played when I took the shot, not so this time.

How's about tunes such as; " The Cat that Piddled in Jaimie's Wig" or the "Cat that Ate the Candle".... or while I am on animal tune name theme ... " The Litte Pig Lamenting over the Empty Trough".

Edited by Geoff Wooff

My cat was intrigued by the concertina for a month or two, but then she lost interest. On the other hand, if I am listening to a recording of piping, she comes running from wherever she is in the house. If it is a uilleann piper she just sits there staring at the stereo; if it is a highland piper she, uh, 'sings' along.

How's about tunes such as; " The Cat that Piddled in Jaimie's Wig" or the "Cat that Ate the Candle".... or while I am on animal tune name theme ... " The Litte Pig Lamenting over the Empty Trough".

Could have been "The Cat in the Hopper"? Too many tunes naming non-feline animals for me to even bother with that idea. Besides, it might offend the puss in the picture.

Hello

The cat in my photo Ruth Goldberg, so far isn't put off by the noise of the concertina. But my dear departed cat would sit sleeping in a chair directly in front of me for hours while I played without offense.

Richard

Good clip there. I only recently became aware of Caroline but have been quite impressed with the videos of her playing various instruments and singing on her YouTube channel. There's even another duet with Susie.