Eleventh Charles Wheatstone Memorial Mornington Crescent Game

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah! Well the Foxes beat Newcastle last night so what chance does Arsenal really have now?

We must go to King's Cross/St. Pancras enroute to Leicester London Road station and King Power Stadium to watch LCFC win the Premier League.

Oh, and while I am there I think I will have an oakie, me duck (an icecream, my good friend).

Edited by Don Taylor

We have come to a fascinating diversification: three paralel moves have virtualised the game in an - AFAIK - unprecedented way, as they're even leading the player to different banks of the River Thames.

Beware, everything is possible now... :o

Hah! Well the Foxes beat Newcastle last night so what chance does Arsenal really have now?

We must go to King's Cross/St. Pancras enroute to Leicester London Road station and King Power Stadium to watch LCFC win the Premier League.

Oh, and while I am there I think I will have an oakie, me duck (an icecream, my good friend).

We have come to a fascinating diversification: three paralel moves have virtualised the game in an - AFAIK - unprecedented way, as they're even leading the player to different banks of the River Thames.

Beware, everything is possible now... :o

This is indeed a three pipe problem.

For help, I'll head to

Baker Street

and pop into 221b for assistance.

Perhaps Dr. Watson can prescribe some form of tonic.

Hmm........seems that reminds me of the old rock song Baker Street by Jerry Rafferty on his City to City album. To prevent having that song stuck in my head, I will amble on down to

EDGWARE ROAD

Don't know any songs called that.........

Edited by Irish Mike

EDGWARE ROAD

Mornington Crescent!

Congratulations for spotting the diagonal opened by the move to Edgware Road.

It's not an easy one to find, so, Irish Mike, don't be ashamed of making the second last move.

For a beginner, your previous moves were excellent, and I'm sure that with experience you will have a great future in this illustrious game!

Oh, excellent, very cleanly taken. Well done, sir! I shall contact Paul in due course before next year's tournament.

Cheers,

Chris

PS to Irish Mike, I'm sure you've played before and at quite a senior level, there were some classy moves there. Have you tried the Dublin version of the game, Mornington House?

is clearly beyond the scope of any computer existing or projected for the foreseeable future.

This is clearly a challenge.

I have begun to commence an textural analytical study of the rules, and of all the known and unknown modifications both in this forum and in all other games played anywhere else in the world.

I am using a neural network, and a rule generator that feeds the results to an ontological processor and an fairly standard inference engine.

The processing has begin, and early results can be expected on 25th Jul 2097 at 11:15am Brisbane time.

Not if my program can finish printing out The Nine Billion Names of God before then. :ph34r:

That's an awful lot of paper, Jim. By my calculation if you're using short scale billions then on A4 paper at 8 points you'll need approximately 100 million sheets. Of course Arthur C Clarke as a Brit probably had long scale billions in mind when he wrote the story so you'll need a thousand times that. I think Rod will likely get there first, even though I think 2097 is hopelessly optimistic for a full analysis of Mornington Crescent, maybe a preliminary analysis of diagonal moves might be possible in the time.

Best of luck to both of you.

Chris