Accordion Causes School Evacuation

I'm on the same page as Stuart, my first thought was about the shape of the box. Was it square or shaped like the instrument. I say shame on their music program if the band director does not know "whether the instrument belongs to an individual student or whether it might possibly belong to the school district, even though the instructor had never seen the box previously."

A later article reports that it did not belong to the school, so they speculate that either a student or a parent left it in the band room. Apparently no one has come forth to claim it so far.

http://www.theindependent.com/news/local/accordion-that-caused-evacuation-at-walnut-was-not-school-property/article_1ac996d4-c711-11e5-8879-4fecb0d6d27b.html?mode=jqm

This reminds me of the joke about Joe, an accordion player who met a friend for lunch in a restaurant, and in the middle of lunch expressed concern whether his accordion would be safe inside his car left on the street, even though he locked the doors. His friend said that locked doors didn't matter much because in the city, robbers just smash the windows. So after worrying through the rest of lunch, Joe makes back to his car, to find its back window smashed wide open. But then, when he opens the door, he finds not just his accordion, but two accordions. So getting back to Walnut Middle School, I wonder.

Regards,

Tom

I am reminded of another incident some years ago. An accordion player was catching a ferry from West of England back to Ireland.

After the ferry sailed it was realised the accordion in its case was still on the quayside.

As no one on shore was admitting to owning the box, it was treated as a suspcious package and blown up by the security services.