Anonymous Feedback

I have a message at the top of the page saying "(1) person left you anonymous feedback" Chirpler is also mentioned. What is this about. Is it some sort of virus ? It leads to "Facebook" which I do not, nor ever intend to join.

Inventor.

P.S. how do I remove this from the top of the page when I next log into Concertina.net ?

If it is in the space usually occupied by other banner ads, it is an ad, some of which are from Google IIRC. We aren't big fans of these either. So long as Paul needs to take outside ads to cover the bills (disk space on Web servers, etc.) they are a possibility. There have been discussions in the past of trying to influence your preferences as "collected" by Google to place ads when you view a page (mine are now thankfully giving ads for odd consumer items, a big improvement over ads for young singles). I don't recall that we came up with an easy cure in that thread.

Perhaps worth a note to anyone new here that any messages coming through C.net will be identified as such - my account is set to send me emails when I get messages. Your profile (click on your login name in the upper right) should confirm your settings.

Ken

"So long as Paul needs to take outside ads to cover the bills (disk space on Web servers, etc.) they are a possibility."

For that reason, I don't mind them. But this little discussion is a reminder that it's been a good while since I've made a financial contribution to this site, which provides me with so much information and enjoyment. I'll have to remedy that!

Mike

Edited by Mike Franch

Thank-you for all your replies. It's now come up with a message "Someone thinks you're cute" ! How can a tall ugly fat old man in their late seventies possibly be described as "cute" !

Inventor.

Edited by inventor

• 2 weeks later...