Problem With Melnet Registration

Though I don't play melodeon, I've finally decided that I should nevertheless become a member on melodeon.net. Unfortunately, when I try to register I get the message: "Sorry, registration is currently disabled." :huh:

This has been the case for more than 24 hours. Any of you melnet members know why and -- I hope -- how I might eventually manage to register?

You will find instructions on the home page. Basically you just have to email your request to me. Sorry it has to be like this but the crunch cane when bogus applications were getting to be over 90% of total applications. We tried various software barriers to spammers, but eventually they were ineffective.

You will find instructions on the home page. Basically you just have to email your request to me. Sorry it has to be like this but the crunch cane when bogus applications were getting to be over 90% of total applications. We tried various software barriers to spammers, but eventually they were ineffective.

Thanks, Theo. But how about a different error message... one that directs a person to the proper instructions? When I got the message, "Sorry, registration is currently disabled," I took it at face value. It didn't occur to me that it meant, "This means of registration has been replaced by another procedure," so I didn't search further. I wonder if others have been similarly diverted.

I will now proceed to register. :)

Though I don't play melodeon, I've finally decided that I should nevertheless become a member on melodeon.net.

BTW: You got yourself a D/G Erica at home haven’t you!? Maybe it time to bring it out of the closet so you can finally start getting real serious about playing free reed boxes … ;) :D

Though I don't play melodeon, I've finally decided that I should nevertheless become a member on melodeon.net.

BTW: You got yourself a D/G Erica at home haven’t you!? Maybe it time to bring it out of the closet so you can finally start getting real serious about playing free reed boxes … ;) :D

'Tis true. And I can even muck about with it a bit. :ph34r: But I also have other instruments ahead of it in the queue to claim practice time. :o

Well, I've sent Theo my registration email, so I hope I'll soon get my visa. ;) We'll see whether my being a member there infects me with the bug. :unsure: