It's Here!

Greg Jowaisas

The deed is done! and I'm proud to say no concertinas were injured in the making of this picture.

There are some holdovers from last year, and some newcomers. With daughter Anna heading for college next year there are a couple emerging from the closet that few people have seen before. Inguiries welcome.

Look closely and you will find the little Salvationist playing away on her concertina.

We celebrate Solstice/Christmas in our house and exchange gifts. It is a very exciting time of year for children. 15 years ago I had shamelessly convinced my 3 year old daughter, Anna, that she wanted a train for Christmas. (Don't we often give the gifts we want ourselves?) At her nursery school they arranged for a Santa to appear. One by one the children told him what gift they wanted. Anna was somewhat intimidated by the big man in the red suit. When it came time to plead for her gift she was tongue tied. Santa, in an effort to save time and move the queue along, suggested she might like a Barbie doll. Anna meekly acquiesced and nodded yes. When she got home from school she told us what had happened and then burst into tears! "What I really wanted was a train!!"

We reassured her and all was made right on Christmas morning.

Anna's first train appears in front of the pyramid.

However you celebrate the season I wish concertina.net members and friends of concertinas everywhere the best of holidays and hopes for lots of good music in the New Year. Special thanks to Paul and Ken for their work in providing this wonderful forum.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

As a Winter Solstice tableau, this is your best one yet, Greg. And as a concertina array, it is luscious.

What is the metal-ended concertina to the left of the huge metal-ended Maccann? Be still, my heart. . . . :rolleyes:

Jeffries duet Ab core. Work in beginning stages of progress.

As a Winter Solstice tableau, this is your best one yet, Greg. And as a concertina array, it is luscious.

What is the metal-ended concertina to the left of the huge metal-ended Maccann? Be still, my heart. . . . :rolleyes:

Jeffries duet Ab core. Work in beginning stages of progress.

In which case, be still _my_ beating heart! How many buttons is it Greg? Looks like a big 'un.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg, Happy 2016 from Canada, to you and your family.

I'm curious about the big one mentioned above ("huge metal-ended McCann"). You mentioned one that had 81 keys. This appears to have 62?

All the best, Keith

Hi Greg, Happy 2016 from Canada, to you and your family.

I'm curious about the big one mentioned above ("huge metal-ended McCann"). You mentioned one that had 81 keys. This appears to have 62?

All the best, Keith

Hi Keith,

I bet you could make some beautiful music on this one! 37b on the LH; 43b on the RH. I guess they count the air button. That =s 81b. I believe the layout is the same one as on page 26 of Bob Gaskin's "Play chords on any MacCann duet". http://www.concertina.com/

Happy New Year and best wishes back at you for you and yours.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas