Copy And Paste

RWL

Copy and paste don't work when trying to paste anything into the body of the message on this site. Neither the keyboard command Ctrl-V nor any of the paste buttons on the web page where this is being posted work. Is there something on my end that causes this? It doesn't look like anybody else has this problems because links are posted here routinely. The other thing that doesn't work is quoting somebody else when replying to a message.

There was a recent thread about this in "Forum Questions,..." titled "How do I paste text from a MS Word file?"

Apparently the problem only occurs with the Internet Explorer browser, other browsers work fine.

I'd copy the link to that thread here, but I can't. :lol:

Apparently the problem only occurs with the Internet Explorer browser, other browsers work fine.

OK. I'm posting this from Opera browser portable. K-Meleon browser didn't work; same problems as Internet Explorer.

I can paste again:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11010.m1951.l3160/7?euid=bf8a712c9d164e408a73c25170cf1d8f&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fpages.ebay.com%2Flink%2F%3Fnav%3Ditem.view%26id%3D262189987726%26alt%3Dweb%26globalID%3DEBAY-US

By the way, somebody got a bargain on this 56 button Aeola - $1225

OT for this forum, but ...

Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer.

Seriously, stop using it, it is a security nightmare. Even Microsoft admits that and have abandoned it in Windows 10 in favor of a new browser called Edge.

Firefox, Chrome or Opera are safer, faster alternatives.

I like the Fox but I have converted my elders to Chrome (and hidden access to IE on their machines) because it updates quietly in the background while they use it.

If you're using a mobile device, make sure you're on the full (desktop) version of the site. There should be a button near the bottom of the page.

No. I always post using a desktop. This time I'm trying Avant portable browser on my desktop.

Edited by RWL