Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Loikroh

As it's that time of the year I thought I'd do a quick recording of one of my favourite Christmas tunes.

A pity the jazz guitarist I play with has the dreaded flu - oh dear - get well soon.

Merry Christmas to all

https://soundcloud.com/mart-bradley/have-yourself-a-merry-little-christmas

Edited by Loikroh

Very nicely played, thanks for posting. I'd also like to hear some tunes with you & the jazz guitarist when he's better. Sounds like an interesting combination.

Are you playing the golden Aeola you're pictured with on Soundcloud on this track?

Glad you like it. In response to your question, Defra - yes it's played on the gold baritone-treble - right up the top end. The recording does, however, sound rather different from the original sound on the concertina due to my mic being less than excellent! One project I have earmarked for 2016 is getting decent recording rig set up.....

Happy Christmas

Mart

Mart, your rendition of this popular tune inspired me to try one of my own, mind you I only had a day to put it together and I shot and recorded it on a Canon Elph! I wrote a different arrangement for reed organ a few years back, but I think jazz is well suited to the concertina. Thanks for the inspiration. It is here:

Edited to add a second link.

Edited by Mike Pierceall

Sorry I haven't replied to anyone - Christmas and all that!. Thanks for the comments and glad it gave you the inspiration to record your version, Mike - nice one!

I love playing jazz and will post a few bits in the near future - with the trio backing too - doesn't sound quite the same on its own.