Sign in to follow this  
Geoff Wooff

44Button C.jeffries In D/g.

Just appeared today at www.leboncoin.fr a 44 button Charlie Jeffries anglo in D/G... for a very interesting price. Location is Paris region.

To view go to the above website and enter via clicking on the map of France , then type "concertina" in the lefthand box... scroll to "instruments de musique" in the middle box and to " toute la France" in the righthand box and click the box "chercher"... voila !

Edited by Geoff Wooff

Ta for the technical bit Peter...

Warning for those who would buy; be vigilant , escroquerie can happen, mostly transactions go ok but I have been a victim,once.

Edited by Geoff Wooff

The text of the ad is odd... seems to have been machine-translated from English.

For example there is the conraction "RH" for "right-hand"... nobody in France would use that contraction.

Also the photos are quite small...

Sean

Interesting , one does have to be carefull; as I said, I have been caught and it is often difficult to tell the false from the genuine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-Jeffries-30-2-key-Anglo-system-antique-Concertina-/262191485707?

Here's another on the fleabay - may well be ok, but a bit odd on first reading with that strange message in the photo line-up!

That's not just a bit suspicious it is a well known scam and should be reported to Ebay. In fact it is a hijacked Ebay account. Look at the sellers other items and you will see similar offers shown in photos.

Edited by Theo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C-Jeffries-30-2-key-Anglo-system-antique-Concertina-/262191485707?

Here's another on the fleabay - may well be ok, but a bit odd on first reading with that strange message in the photo line-up!

That's not just a bit suspicious it is a well known scam and should be reported to Ebay. In fact circus a hijacked Ebay account. Look at the sellers other items and you will see similar offers shown in photos.

i saw this ad last night and thought it must be some kind of scam - though i have bid £5 :-) I was going to report it to ebay but the app on my fone doesnt seem to allow this. How does the scam work? Do i email them and they then offer to do a deal outside of ebay and i subsequently send them my cash ect etc?

Does this mean I'm not going to get a jefferies for £5?! :-)

Interesting , one does have to be carefull; as I said, I have been caught and it is often difficult to tell the false from the genuine.

Thanks for posting it all the same Geoff - I've never seen pictures of a Jeffries 44 let alone had one in my paws. Funny to have half a 4th row and I'm wondering how the extra buttons are tuned. Anyone got one?

Adrian