To Choice A New Concertina

Hello,I want tio buy a new anglo concertina,but i dont know wich concertina to choice. Two of them interrest me: the ceili from button box morse and the session box edgley. I wish a very good and loud sound and a light box. Thank you for your answer and sorry for my English. Christine

I've just looked up what I posted a few months ago immediately after playing a Morse and an Edgeley on the same day. Both nice boxes, nothing wrong with either but my personal preference was for the Morse.

I make it a rule to take every opportunity to try different makes and models of Anglo so that I can develop a feel for when making comparisons.

Either a Morse or an Edgeley would be a nice box, one you could be proud of and which you would enjoy playing. If you can't get to play both, compare prices, availability, delivery times and any options in terms of finish, design etc. and decide what is important to you. You won't go wrong with either.

Hello,I want tio buy a new anglo concertina,but i dont know wich concertina to choice. Two of them interrest me: the ceili from button box morse and the session box edgley. I wish a very good and loud sound and a light box. Thank you for your answer and sorry for my English. Christine

If you can, try both - as Mike said, that's the best way to choose.

One observation: I've owned both Morse and Edgley boxes. Both are great instruments, but the Morse is significantly lighter, if that's a factor for you.