Who Made This One?

Daniel Hersh

No one wants to even speculate on the maker?

It's at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Antique-30-Buttons-Concertina-No-Reserve-/111803878301 The button layout on the right-hand side makes me think of Jones, but it's not much more than a guess. Pictures of the action would probably help, but none are provided.

Excuse an EC player straying into Anglo territory, but do folks think those ends are original to the rest of the box? To me they resemble copies of Crabb type patterns but look a little heavy handed and are completely flat. Replacements for damaged wooden ends or an attempt in the past to 'enhance' the box?

Excuse an EC player straying into Anglo territory, but do folks think those ends are original to the rest of the box? To me they resemble copies of Crabb type patterns but look a little heavy handed and are completely flat. Replacements for damaged wooden ends or an attempt in the past to 'enhance' the box?

I would think it always had metal ends of some sort as the side wooden parts don't appear to be "split"or made in two parts.There seem to be quite a few metal ended concertinas this age without the tops crimped so its probably how it was made.David.

Someone paid GBP 1,381.00 (approximately US $2,132) for it, whatever it is.

It's at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Antique-30-Buttons-Concertina-No-Reserve-/111803878301 The button layout on the right-hand side makes me think of Jones, but it's not much more than a guess. Pictures of the action would probably help, but none are provided.