English Concertina - 25 Video Lessons For Absolute Beginners

Daddy Long Les

I have now recorded and posted 25 of these videos which can be found here:-

http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18026&p=172075

All of the pieces have a tab and in some cases, musical notation, which can be downloaded from my website www.daddylongles.com Go to "Concertina Music".

All of these tunes are suitable for absolute beginners - my wife Jenny has started learning and is working her way through the lessons. Inevitably some people will find some tunes harder than others but my hope is that if a starter can play these pieces, it may whet their appetite to have proper lessons and go onto more advanced tunes.

More to come!

All the best

Les

Edited by Daddy Long Les

Thanks for your videos. I became a concertina owner 2 days ago. Had never played one before but have musical experience on guitar, bass and ukulele. I am now able to play half way through Shepherds Hey on my new toy already thanks to your tutorial :D

Thanks for your videos. I became a concertina owner 2 days ago. Had never played one before but have musical experience on guitar, bass and ukulele. I am now able to play half way through Shepherds Hey on my new toy already thanks to your tutorial :D

Hi Janice,

So glad you found the tutorial useful.

Lots of luck with your concertina

Best Wishes

Les

I second Janice. You've helped me a lot, especially in learning which button does which note :).

And Janice, welcome to the madness. I'm only about 2 weeks ahead of you. If you enjoy it half as much as I do, you'll never put it down.