Jody Kruskal’S Nov. Uk Folk Club Tour

I’m starting to pack up for my annual UK November tour of folk club guest appearances. I have nine clubs in twenty five days - leaving plenty of time for jet lag, motorway mayhem, visiting friends new and old, hefting pints, playing sessions and doing floor spots. Here’s my November schedule:

1, Sunday The Tiger, Derbyshire

2, Monday Midway, Stockport

8, Sunday Readifolk, Reading

11, Wednesday Faversham

13, Friday Seaford

15, Sunday Horsham

17 Tuesday Chichester

18, Wednesday Haverfolk, NE London

19, Thursday Orpington, SE London

My shows will be mostly rare old songs that tell American stories... hilarious, gritty and true. Stories of train wrecks and wrecked marriages, death row convicts and lonesome lovers, heroes, losers, swaggering braggarts, lazy slackers and slapstick fools. Plan to join in on the chorus.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I should let Jody answer, but as he is travelling and might be slower to respond, I'll hazard a guess:

Based on the listed schedule - Stockport tonight for 2 November, then Reading for Sunday 8 November, and all later engagements also South (from my former Lancs. perspective) I would wager a visit to Lymm would be sometime in the next few days.

Most likely would be this Thursday 5 November (Bonfire night!) because the Lymm Folk Club meet at 8:30 pm for a Singers Night, upstairs at the Spread Eagle in Lymm Centre.

Great folks there, by the way!

Edited by Tradewinds Ted

Perhaps I should let Jody answer, but as he is travelling and might be slower to respond, I'll hazard a guess:

Based on the listed schedule - Stockport tonight for 2 November, then Reading for Sunday 8 November, and all later engagements also South (from my former Lancs. perspective) I would wager a visit to Lymm would be sometime in the next few days.

Most likely would be this Thursday 5 November (Bonfire night!) because the Lymm Folk Club meet at 8:30 pm for a Singers Night, upstairs at the Spread Eagle in Lymm Centre.

Great folks there, by the way!

Thank you Ted for your correct sleuthing. The 5th it is, at the Lymm club for a floor spot or two on their singers night. I've been promised that it will be business as usual, even on bonfire night. Roger, I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

As for my tour so far... nothing but excellent times. My pre-performance days were filled with a fine session and ceilidh hosted by the sword dancers of Stone Monkey in Kegworth and Melbourne. My first two gigs at the Tiger and the Midway were both very successful and I've actually sold eight CDs... a record in this age of free music... (Grrrrrrrrrrrr)

Edited by Jody Kruskal

...I would wager a visit to Lymm would be sometime in the next few days.

Most likely would be this Thursday 5 November (Bonfire night!) because the Lymm Folk Club meet at 8:30 pm for a Singers Night, upstairs at the Spread Eagle in Lymm Centre.!

Aah! pity, I'll be there next week. Next year maybe...

Must be 45 years since I was last in the Spread Eagle!

Thanks

Roger

Edited by lachenal74693

Aw shucks Roger, I just played the Lymm and it was a brilliant night at the folk club. Bernard did the rounds, there were 22 singers plus many additional folks and the level of play was very high. I got to finish up with a little set and everyone was singing harmony. Delightful.