Concertina Angel

John Wild

I'm just back from a visit to the City of Bath. In Bath Abbey, there is a row of angels playing various instruments. One of them has a concertina!

I'll try to attach the file here. A video clip of the full "orchestra" is too large.

Regards,

John

post-160-0-92289100-1443647640_thumb.jpg

Previously discussed here in 2008, where it was said ""Paul Fletcher, sculptor and long-time New Scorpion Band fan, received a commission to provide twelve angels for the new choir stalls in Bath Abbey. All the band members had previously sat for Paul in his studio, and he decided to base the angels on them. The figures were made in plaster of Paris, and then woodcarver Lawrence Beckford carved exact copies in lime wood."

" ... the concertina playing angel is Tim Laycock."

I'm just back from a visit to the City of Bath. In Bath Abbey, there is a row of angels playing various instruments. One of them has a concertina!

I'll try to attach the file here. A video clip of the full "orchestra" is too large.

Regards,

John

Previously discussed here in 2008, where it was said ""Paul Fletcher, sculptor and long-time New Scorpion Band fan, received a commission to provide twelve angels for the new choir stalls in Bath Abbey. All the band members had previously sat for Paul in his studio, and he decided to base the angels on them. The figures were made in plaster of Paris, and then woodcarver Lawrence Beckford carved exact copies in lime wood."

Well if I read that in 2008, I had forgotten it. Many thanks for the information or reminder, whichever it is.

Well if I read that in 2008, I had forgotten it. Many thanks for the information or reminder, whichever it is.

Either or both, I suppose...