Nesi 2015

Here is the clan of free reeds.

I'm the one sitting on the ground in front in the white shirt on the left. Randy, I think that's you sitting on the rightish side in front in the orange shirt. Bob from the Button Box is sitting in the row above me, just to the left of the person immediately behind me. Anybody else want to tell us where you are in the group photo?

Bob Lamparter

Edited by RWL

That's me in the red overshirt, right of center in the row in front of the porch rails. I'm sure Jim Besser wouldn't mind my outing him as the blue shirt next to me.

Here's a tune that got played a lot at NESI this year. I learned it, and now it's an ear worm, but I don't know what it's called. Anybody know?

what.jpg

There may be a note or two wrong in my transcription, as I learned it by ear and transcribed it from memory.

That's me in the red overshirt, right of center in the row in front of the porch rails. I'm sure Jim Besser wouldn't mind my outing him as the blue shirt next to me.

Here's a tune that got played a lot at NESI this year. I learned it, and now it's an ear worm, but I don't know what it's called. Anybody know?

what.jpg

There may be a note or two wrong in my transcription, as I learned it by ear and transcribed it from memory.

Sure, out me.

The tune is Bonnie Kate; I started it at several NESI jams. A great English tune I learned from Robin Harrison.

Edited by Jim Besser

The tune is Bonnie Kate; I started it at several NESI jams. A great English tune I learned from Robin Harrison.

In Peter Barnes' book of english country dance tunes (the "expanded & revised" edition, at least), it's titled "Bonnie Cate", is written in the key of A, and is somewhat different both from David's transcription and from my memory of playing it for dances in the past. I suppose I should see if I can find another published version that's closer to what I remember.

Sure, out me.

Well then, while we're outing people, the other participants in this thread who said they'd be there are Doug Barr (standing 3rd from right in the green shirt next to the chromatic button accordion player) and David Colpitts (top of the steps at left in orange shirt and white cap).

And thats my wife Diana in the purple shirt kneeling in front of me holding my mini wheatstone

Too much information!

We don't need to know how "mini" your "Wheatstone" (is that what you call it?) is or what your wife is doing with it on her knees in front of you.
(Sorry, couldn't resist.) :ph34r:

And thats my wife Diana in the purple shirt kneeling in front of me holding my mini wheatstone

Too much information!

We don't need to know how "mini" your "Wheatstone" (is that what you call it?) is or what your wife is doing with it on her knees in front of you.
(Sorry, couldn't resist.) :ph34r:

(To compound the "offense") I woud say that it definitely doesn't look like a Jones. B)