Replacement Battery For Wakker Ems-048 Midi Concertina

Hello, this is my first post on here, so please be gentle! My name is John Musgrave from Preston, Lancashire and I play for a couple of local Morris sides as well as a couple of ceildhi bands. I play melodeon & English concertina (Lachenal) as well as having a Wakker EMS-048 MIDI concertina which I mainly use to give a bass rhythm if we are short of our regular bass guitarist.

Unfortunately the battery in the EMS has finally given up and no longer holds it's charge. I would like to replace the battery but unfortunately there are no markings on it and I've not been able to get any details from the Concertina Connection as the company that provided the electronics is no longer in business.

So.... my question is simple.... does anyone know the details for this battery? I have a feeling that it is a 3.6V lithium ion but have no idea of the capacity etc. Any clues would be gratefully appreciated and if anyone knows a source for a replacement, I would be extremely happy.

Many thanks.

You could try a Google image search on your guess as to what the battery might be.

Also, capacity is not critical - get the biggest capacity you can find in the same form factor and voltage. Your battery charger might give you a clue on what type of battery it is.

Japanese made batteries are to be much preferred over Chinese batteries.

Edited by Don Taylor

I did a little looking online to see what I could find related to the concertina and the MIDI electronics supplier.

I see the Dutch company that supplied the MIDI part (Tethys) no longer lists that as a product, but they appear to still have a website that lists other products. Of course there's no way to tell from the site if they are still actually in business, but since you say they are out of business perhaps the site is just a relic that hasn't yet expired. Still, it occurs to me to ask if you've tried calling or emailing their listed address from the website with an inquiry about the battery details. Even if they have gone entirely out of business there's a chance there still might be someone receiving email at their old email address.

If there is, they might have access to records of parts and supplies used to construct the MIDI. They might not be willing to look into it, but you could get lucky.

Contact info from their website:

Tethys BV

Tel: +31 344 682354

Email: mail(at)tethys.nl

I've substituted the "(at)" in place of the "@" so that a live link doesn't display in the forum.