Today's Flog It

A lovely Wheatstone English on Flog it today.There was also a picture of the X owner who played it ,but shown from a distance.If any member here purchased it,I would be grateful if you could tell us who he was.

I reckon you got a bargain.

Al

Here it is (for the next 29 days) on BBC iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00mkdqs/flog-it-series-8-6-sunderland

The feature starts at 33 mins, the picture of the former owner mentioned above it at 37mins 37 seconds. The only photo I could find of Gordon Cutty at a younger age is at https://mainlynorfolk.info/folk/records/gordoncutty.html(click on first album to enlarge) which to my eye is similar, but not sure it's conclusive. An associated invoice is shown at 37mins 35 seconds for two thumb straps made out to a Mr J Smith on 7 March 1926 (12 years after the concertina was made - so a likely 'consumable').

Instrument number is 26546 for anyone curious and it sold for £2,200 (+ probably 20% in commission/fees). As Alan says above, someone has been lucky!

A lovely Wheatstone English on Flog it today.There was also a picture of the X owner who played it ,but shown from a distance.If any member here purchased it,I would be grateful if you could tell us who he was.

Al

Al

Actually, this is a repeat of an old Flog It programme, first shown on September 2009, nearly six years ago, when prices would, presumably, have been a bit lower then but still a bargain, nevertheless, considering I paid £3250 for mine three years ago and I thought I had done well at that price. Chris Algar currently has a nice metal-ended Aeola 56 key tenor-treble for sale dating from 1924. His asking price? £4399! Phew!!

Chris

Al

Al

Actually, this is a repeat of an old Flog It programme, first shown on September 2009, nearly six years ago, when prices would, presumably, have been a bit lower then but still a bargain, nevertheless, considering I paid £3250 for mine three years ago and I thought I had done well at that price. Chris Algar currently has a nice metal-ended Aeola 56 key tenor-treble for sale dating from 1924. His asking price? £4399! Phew!!

Chris

And quite a bit of discussion then (2009), search 'Flog it' (Forums).

Geoffrey

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb