Screws For Insert / Nut For Wrist Straps

My Wheatstone Model 21 had wrist straps in the past and I'd like to put straps on. The lower ones never had nuts / inserts and used wood screws. I'd like to install inserts / nuts for the lower strap screws like the upper strap screws have as seen in the photos below. I am aware that the inserts are available at concertinaconnection.com but I have the equipment to make these inserts myself. My problem is screws to hold the inserts in place. What size screws do these inserts use, and where can I get a few of these tiny screws?

post-10117-0-72976700-1438996394_thumb.jpg

post-10117-0-46826300-1438996417_thumb.jpg

post-10117-0-73353300-1438996451_thumb.jpg

post-10117-0-22415800-1438996465.jpg

Try these folks, don't be shocked by the prices that are posted initially, you don't have to buy large quantities. I got little bags of 10. Lots of different types, finishes, lengths and sizes, look under the fasteners link.

http://craft-inc.myshopify.com Don't know what size you need but it is a flat head wood screw, and if you measure the large diameter of the countersink, you should find the head size in the standard wood screw dimensions, and can go from there.

Dana

Ah. Measuring the diameter of the countersunk area to get the size of the screw isn't something that I would have thought of. Thanks for that and the site to buy small screws.

The business in Queensland has a pretty good selection of small brass screws. I wish they weren't on the opposite side of the world, but if I can't get the screws I need in the US, I'll take another look.

I measured the inserts for the thumbscrews and have attached my diagram with dimensions to this post. Lachenal inserts are a little larger in diameter than Wheatstone inserts. The screw heads come closest to #1 screws and are 1/4" long. The ones in my instruments are steel rather than brass. A packet of 50 screws costs less than a dollar (US) but with shipping it comes to $3.78 from Dana's suggestion of Craft Inc.

post-10117-0-42152100-1439151423_thumb.jpg